Chili's??

Welcome back everyone!  I apologize for my absence recently, as my family just moved into a new house.  Lots of adjustments in schedules and sleep time (or lack thereof), but all is well now.  They say that moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in life.  What is one of the best way to reduce stress?  EAT FRIES!!!


Chili's


I went to Chili's recently with my new friend Kent.  I gave Kent the choice of Texas Roadhouse, O'Charley's (for the rolls), or Chili's.  It had been a long time since I had given Chili's a try, so I wasn't mad about his choice.  As you can see from the picture, you can sub extra fries when you are offered multiple sides.  In this case, it was double fries instead of corn on the cob.  

The fries were best described as ok.  They were hot and fresh which should be expected everywhere, but that's not always the case.  They aren't very crisp, but that's not always a bad thing.  The substance is there, but there is just something missing.  Could it be that they need to be crispier?  I'm a fan of plain fries, but these fries don't have anything that stands out about them.  What does stand out about Chili's?



Yes.  Chilis' has the coolest salt shaker that I have ever seen.  The salt shaker has a lid that is opened up with a press on a tab, and the salt flows freely from there.  The lid makes sure that excess moisture does not get into the salt shaker, so the salt stays pure.  Have you ever been to a place where they have to put rice in the salt shaker?  That's never a good look.  This avoids that issue, and I loved it.  Other places take note!

To sum up, Chili's - fries are ok, but their salt shakers rule!

Be on the lookout for the next entry next week.  I've been told that the Thoroughbred Restaurant is a contender for the Top 10.  A loyal reader even has said they may reach number 1.  We'll see about that.


Comments

Popular Posts