I Admit I Was Wrong!


I didn't think it would happen.  I really didn't think it would happen this soon.  This is just my 5th blog entry, and I would have thought that I'd have at least a year of doing this before I was proven wrong.  After all, how can I be proven wrong when we are talking about my opinions?  

Nevertheless I have to admit I was wrong to Rebecca Elliott, Lynn Tsiboukas, Steven Scrivner, and Stephanie Greene.  My Top 10 list from my last blog entry had a glaring error.  It did not include Harry's fries.  

Harry's is part of the Bluegrass Hospitality Group's dining empire.  BHG is also famous for Malone's, Drake's, Aqua Sushi, and OBC Kitchen.  Harry's is attached to Malone's in Hamburg and Palomar.  Unlike Drake's (connected to the Lansdowne Malone's), you don't have to fight through a crowd of young males searching for their next date to enjoy Harry's.  Harry's is more of a relaxed bar version or a quicker service type of Malone's.  It's nice enough to impress, but it is laid back enough to not feel like you have tried to impress.  

Anyways those I mentioned earlier all commented that I made a mistake leaving off Harry's fries from my Top 10 list.  I offered for one of them to prove me wrong, as I thought it was impossible.  My respected colleague and good friend Rebecca took the challenge.



I took Steven's advice, and I ordered the fries extra crispy.  The server gave me a nod like I had just figured out the secret handshake for the elite in Lexington.  When I tried my first one, I understood the reason for the nod.  Yes there was a crisp, but the crisp doesn't go throughout the fries.  They are just well done with a good amount of substance to these golden treats.  They hold their salty taste and warmth down to the last fry.  Good thing, as I wasted a lot of time talking about how good these fries are during our lunch.  These aren't fries that are meant for gorging.  No need to eat more than one at a time.  These fries are meant to be savored.  I savored each one, and I was proud to not share a single one the whole time.  If I'm going to be wrong, I'm going to enjoy doing it.  

Where do these belong on the list?  Top 5 baby.  Next updated Top 10 list will proudly include Harry's extra crispy fries.  I was wrong.  Don't get used to it!

Next time:  Was I also wrong about Burger Shakes???

Comments

Popular Posts