Number 3 with a bullet!


I had the joy or rediscovering Nathan’s style french fries this weekend. At least I’m led to believe they were from Nathan’s Famous.  This was from a Buckets located at Great Wolf Lodge.  You could order a single serving of fries for $3.79, or you could get this monstrosity pictured for $7.49.  I’m sure my readers won’t be shocked by my choice.  Anyways, I believe these are Nathan’s fries due to Buckets also offering Nathan’s Famous hot dogs.

Whoever made these did a phenomenal job!  They were hot thanks to being made to order, yet they weren’t dripping with grease. The level of crispiness was light, and the fries were cooked all the way through.  This is a tough trick to pull off without burning the outsides with a fry this thick.  Each fry was a good half inch thick full of a soft inside that definitely got rid of any hunger I may have had.  Buckets also was smart enough to not add any spice other than salt.

As you will see from my next post, this now makes 4 of my top 5 fries golden crinkle style. Am I changing my ranking of Fry styles?  Nope.  It just means that there are four places that know how to cook golden crinkles very well.  If you happen to be at a Great Wolf Lodge, get the fries from Buckets.  They don’t serve them at their other restaurants, and the other fries there are terrible.

Next post is the long awaited top 10 list.  Go eat some fries, and remember nothing to add but salt.

Comments

Popular Posts