However you found this blog, welcome!  I have a long history of being addicted to french fries.  At my heaviest I was downing a minimum of 20 large orders of fries a week.  I’ve slowed down quite a bit, but I definitely have the experience to be considered an expert.  I am going to share my reviews on fries that I eat from time to time.  Updates will be as regular to start as my appetite allows.  You’ll find that I consider my opinions on fries to be facts, but I’m open to discussions.

Here’s a great place to start.  Doing a little bit of research to see if anyone else was blogging about fries, I found this list below.




I’ve got some major issues with this list, but I’ll go deeper in future posts. For now, here’s my order for this list.

1.  Steak Fries
2.  Crinkle Cut
3.  Standard Cut
4.  Shoestring Cut
5.  Chips (British)
6.  Cottage Fries
7.  Tater Tots
8.  Waffle Cut
9.  Curly Fries
10.  The rest tied for last

Food Republic is clueless.


Comments

  1. How would you classify Pizzeria Uno fries? I believe they were closer to steak fries than any other style.

    I'd actually like to help legitimize your mastery of fries for the greater public, as if you actually needed it. I've seen you in action....albeit many years ago, but I can confidently assume your expertise has expanded exponentially since.

    I hope you'll write on proper cooking techniques, seasoning and coloration in future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts