Birthday Bru Burger Edition

Birthday Bru Burger Edition

Good evening (or whatever time you are reading this) to you.  Normally in the opening paragraph, I like to go into some sort of self ego stroking exercise that likely only I enjoy.  Let's be honest.  It may only be me who enjoys the whole idea of this blog in the first place.  My choice to not go into this type of writing today is not because I wouldn't enjoy it.  I also don't mind being the only person who loves it.  The bottom line is that yesterday was my birthday.  All day long ended up being a big celebration for me, and I am feeling too thankful to toss out the egotistical talk.  I had way too many people being nice to me, so instead I'll go right in to one of the nice things that happened yesterday.

Bru Burger


I was treated to a birthday lunch yesterday by 2 good friends of mine from the bank along with another good friend that works for Safeway Moving & Storage.  If you have any need for a moving or storage service, Tyler Reliford is the guy to know.  What's that?  You have a buddy or a relative who works in that business?  You still should go to Tyler.  This guy is the ultimate professional, and he will make sure you get a fair shake as far as the cost goes.  Why pay too much for some random dudes in a box truck to move your goods?  Hire the pros!

Anyways the 3 of us went to Bru Burger to celebrate my birthday.  This will come as a shock to most, but Tyler is much younger than I am.  My other two lunch companions, Chris Henry and Kyle Wicker, are also around the same age.  Despite the fact that these 3 guys don't really have strong memories of rotary phones, we still had plenty in common to discuss.  It doesn't matter how bad current music becomes.  It doesn't matter how badly fragmented the country becomes politically.  It doesn't even matter that I'm not entertained by cars driving in circles (sorry Chris).  Four guys can still discuss the important things in life like the NBA Finals, sports radio, and the MCU in movies and television.  

We were also able to revel in the excitement of how many pretzel appetizers I could eat myself.  I believe out of the 6 we ordered, I finished off 3 1/2 myself.  I would have had more if the guys weren't there with me.  It may not be as visually impressive as Chris Henry's bottomless garbage disposal of a digestive system, but I could endlessly eat those pretzels.  They are the equivalent of what I had previously believed to be the best appetizer of all time - Max & Erma's pretzel sticks.  These are the exact same thing.  Order them, and you will be happy!

How were the fries?  You can see from the picture above, that they were not exciting in the least.  These fries are the type of fries where you can cook them, and they will stay roughly the same quality under a heat lamp for the next two hours.  There is a type of coating on them that keeps the heat in the fries, but it keeps good taste as far away as possible from the fries themselves.  The fries are also limp while having a slightly crisp exterior from the coating.  It's a very odd texture.  That's not to say they were bad.  They just were slightly below average.  I didn't even finish what was on my plate, and that was not due to having too many pretzels.  

Go to Bru Burger for the pretzels and burgers themselves.  Stay away from the fries.

On a completely unrelated note, I did receive a quality gift from Kyle and Chris.  


I believed the card I was opening would end up playing some sort of song due to the thickness of the envelope.  Knowing Chris, I figured it would be some kind of bro country song about drinking adult beverages on the banks of a lake or crick while sitting on the tailgate of a truck with a purty girl.  Much to my surprise it was a gift card to White Castle!  As you can see, the gentlemen did the math for me to know that I can now purchase 9 sacks of fries.  Not just fries like they serve at Bru Burger either.  Instead I will have fries the way all places should sell them.  By the sack.  Well done Chris and Kyle.  I owe you one.  

Here's the easy summary if you are the type that just looks to the bottom of the blog instead of enjoying the ramblings.  Bru Burger is good for burgers and pretzels.  They are bad for fries.  Tyler Reliford is the man to know if you need movers or storage.  Chris Henry and Kyle Wicker are quality guys.  If you get a chance to eat with any of these three guys, take them up on the opportunity.  Especially if they are paying.  

Comments

Popular Posts